The Texas Senate may soon decide on a bill that prevents parents from suing their doctor if their baby is born with a disability — a move abortion-rights supporters say will result in doctors lying to patients about the health of fetuses. Supporters of the measure, Senate Bill 25, say it is needed to protect doctors from “wrongful birth” lawsuits and to protect the rights of the disabled.
Mary and Greg Pellegrino are thinking about having a second child, but they’re not considering the factors couples usually do, such as whether they can afford it or whether they have enough space in their house. Their decision rests squarely on this question: Will Mary die? She almost did the first time.
- Mary Pellegrino, now 35, had a severe form of preeclampsia. The hallmark of the disease is high blood pressure, and it affects about 3% to 5% of pregnancies in the United States.
- Globally, the Preeclampsia Foundation states the number of women developing the condition each year is ten million, with an estimated 76,000 deaths from preeclampsia and related hypertensive disorders.
- Studies show that a woman who had severe preeclampsia in her first pregnancy, like Pellegrino, has about a 20 to 40 percent chance of getting it again.
“Mary Pellegrino, now 35, had a severe form of preeclampsia. The hallmark of the disease is high blood pressure, and it affects about 3% to 5% of pregnancies in the United States.”
Why do people age? Aggressive molecules, called free radicals, have long been blamed and vitamins were believed to counteract their alleged effects. But now it seems that scientists might have got it wrong. Take these many things and it’s supposed to help but does it. Read and see what is truly happening. .
- Exercise produces free radicals that build up our immune system.
- Vitamins kill free radicals which are important for building up our immune system.
- Vitamin supplements do not lengthen our life span.
“Why do people age? Aggressive molecules, called free radicals, have long been blamed and vitamins were believed to counteract their alleged effects.”
It’s hard enough to have a 5-year-old son battling brain cancer. But when Kelly Incandela learned that a woman apparently was going around Brooklyn in New York City fraudulently asking for donations for a funeral for her son, sadness quickly morphed into something else. At first I was heartbroken… then I got angry,” Incandela told CNN. “I can’t fathom the idea that someone can use an innocent child whom they’ve never met and who is going through a very hard time, how they can use that to benefit themselves.”
Amazon has long had private label goods, including Pinzon linens, Elements baby wipes, and its AmazonBasics line of tech accessories, and it recently launched several private-label apparel and accessories brands. Amazon’s new in-house brands include a line of food basics like “Happy Belly” nuts, trail mix, tea and cooking oil, “Wickedly Prime” snack foods — and now supplements.
The Mediterranean diet is easy to find in the grocery store, contains nutrients that are known to enhance longevity and has other health benefits that are backed by peer-reviewed, scientific studies. Broccoli makes the list because it’s one of nature’s most nutrient-dense foods, with only 30 calories per cup. That means you get a ton of hunger-curbing fiber and polyphenols — antioxidants that detoxify cell-damaging chemicals in your body — with each serving.
- Mediterranean diet may reduce the risk of estrogen-receptor-negative breast cancer,
- The plant and vegetable based diet with fish and monosaturated fat are key components of this diet and have a positive impact in lowering breast cancer incidence
- Prevention studies are very important in potentially reducing the number of invasive breast cancer diagnosed in the US annually.
“A study published in the International Journal of Cancer on Monday suggests that the Mediterranean diet may reduce the risk of estrogen-receptor-negative breast cancer, a postmenopausal form of the disease with a poor prognosis.”
A convention will take place this year and will be held in Dallas, Texas. There will be live music and also guest speakers. Connie Podesta will be one such speaker. The live music will include the Emerald City Band. Marilu Henner will be another speaker. There is a lot of excitement for this event.
- This is for the LEAD 2017 Youngevity convention will be in Dallas where there are a lot of tourists sites to visit.
- This is supposed to be inspiring and that people who are attending should prepare to have fun, there are a lot of guest speakers there that the people who are attending the convention will be happy to see.
- Youngevity is a distributor for a product that is is for health and is a health company, it is a pyramid sales company and is an opportunity to make money.
“Live music & entertainment including Emerald City Band.”
Decades of research have investigated the possible treatment of the symptoms of schizophrenia with several of the B vitamins. When taken with acetazolamide, more usually prescribed for glaucoma or epilepsy this vitamin may improve a variety of symptoms of schizophrenia. This may be a new way to deal with this horrible illness.
- B vitamins can significantly reduce symptoms of schizophrenia more than standard treatments alone.
- Treatment for schizophrenia currently is based around the administration of antipsychotic drugs.
- 80% of patients relapse within five years from treatments with antipsychotic drugs. Treatment through B vitamins may offer a good alternative.
“A review of worldwide studies has found that add-on treatment with high-dose b-vitamins — including B6, B8 and B12 — can significantly reduce symptoms of schizophrenia more than standard treatments alone.”
We always associate chest pain with heart attacks, and for good reason, but it’s not the whole story especially for women. While chest pain is the most common symptom of a heart attack, women can have symptoms that aren’t related to chest pain at all. They need to be on the lookout for other, subtler symptoms.
- In 1990, when she got her first job as a cardiologist, Goldberg suspected that a female patient had had a heart attack.
- They were at the peak of their careers,” she said. “They were visible. They were in the workplace.”
- The National Institutes of Health instituted a policy last year requiring that researchers specifically justify any research on only one sex.
“Experts like Goldberg have pointed out how sexism in the medical field has cost lives: Because research and treatments for heart disease were historically designed for men,”
There are more than 20 well-done, large international studies that all demonstrate the heart benefits of moderate alcohol consumption. One study, conducted by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism noted a 20 to 40 percent decrease in coronary artery disease in moderate alcohol drinkers. Now, that doesn’t mean drinking more is better.
- Knowing that each can or bottle has an average minimum calorie count of 100 per serving can help keep you honest about how much you’re sipping.
- Beer contains a long list of nutrients including soluble fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium. While the amount of nutrients offered can’t take the place of healthy foods (nice try!), it does set beer apart from other alcoholic beverages.
- Let’s not forget about importance of a healthy relationship with all types of food and drinks. Beer can fit into a healthy lifestyle as long as you’re responsible about drinking it.
“Knowing that each can or bottle has an average minimum calorie count of 100 per serving can help keep you honest about how much you’re sipping.”